Thursday, November 28, 2013

Golden Turmeric Latte, Unfuck The World, and a dose of RT (oh my)


One of my favorite discoveries recently happened when I met my dear friend Leon at Cafe Gratitude last week. Actually- it was two great discoveries. The day before, I had posted a meme I found on facebook which showed a man in a shirt that said "Unfuck the World". I didn't know it was an actual shirt that could be bought until my friend Leon commented on it and said he knew the woman who owned that company, and that he was going to get one for me. And he did, that sweetheart of a man could not be dissuaded! So I went to meet Leon for lunch at Cafe Gratitude, where I ordered a turmeric latte called I Am Golden. (all the food and drink choices are named with affirmations, so you can't help but say something amazing about yourself in order to...um, order.) I have heard a lot about the healing properties of turmeric, and I was curious but didn't have high expectations for it being yummy. I was wrong, it was exquisite!

So there were two cool discoveries-the shirt, and the latte, both of which I am going to share with you.

Unfuck the World T shirts 

First- here is where to go to get the unbelievably cool Unfuck the World T shirts. They have hoodies, too, and I plan on acquiring one of those ASAP. Click HERE FOR THE WEBSITE and to order. And the coolest part- they donate half the price of the shirt to a charity of your choice- you choose between the three they offer.  These also will make great gifts for your favorite revolutionaries. When I posted this picture on facebook of me last week at the TPP Protest (if you didn't get a chance to read that blog, click HERE) I was bombarded with people asking where they might get one. People love them! Just maybe not your right wing conservatives. Which only makes me love them a little more. This t shirt Shakes the Hive fo sho!

Shake the Hive! Unfuck the World!

Now for the second cool discovery...

Golden Turmeric Latte Recipe


This is super easy to make at home. It gets really creamy- almost too creamy- if you heat it up over a high flame, so don't go crazy.

Pour almond milk in a pan and heat slowly over medium flame.
In a mug, put 1/2 tspn turmeric and a few slices ginger and some honey
(make sure you get high quality, not from a major grocery chain but from a health food store. You can also get the real root and slice it up, I have some of that, too)
Pour heated almond milk over that and stir

There are some variations I have been playing with- like today I made black tea and added it to the almond milk so it wasn't so creamy. I also added a little bit of the following- nutmeg, cardamom, clove, cinnamon. Since it already had ginger in it, this was basically a version of chai tea- although to make real chai you need to brew and steep those ingredients longer in water, then add tea bags and steep, then remove, strain, and add almond milk and honey.

I am a little bit shocked that since I have been drinking these in the morning, I have not wanted coffee. Which saves me $5 a day, and that doesn't suck. I have not had lack-of-coffee headaches and really don't miss it. And my skin looks amazing!

I was going to try to list all the health benefits of turmeric, but there are simply too many to list. Click RIGHT HERE for University of Maryland's findings on the turmeric.

Golden Turmeric Latte- creamy yummy goodness!

March Against Monsanto RT clip/ Look for Ashley Dane up in this joint

So here is a third thing I found- not a discovery, but still pretty neat. I had done a little interview at the March Against Monsanto back in October, and then I never thought twice about it, and never did see it. At the TPP Protest, I saw the same interviewer (Ramon Galindo from RT, and I have to say that Ramon can be counted on to tell the truth the main stream media won't!)  and said hello. He asked me if I had seen the clip and I had not. So he sent me the link, and this is it. Vive la Resistance!



Since it is still Thanksgiving for 45 more minutes, I would like to give a shout of sincere gratitude for the people who both organize and show up to these marches, protests, and rallies.  I would also like a moment of silence for the 5 millions turkeys that were slaughtered for most people's family meal today. No judging- just recognition. May you find the deep joy and insane bliss of radical gratitude always.

Flip the script!



xoxo,

Ashley Dane
Shake the Hive
OCCUPY YOURSELF!










No comments:

Post a Comment